Patient and public engagement
Our patient panel has been set up to actively involve members of the public in a coordinated way across all of our programmes of work. Our patient panel members will provide advice and input from a patient perspective to improve patient and public engagement and involvement (PPE/I) in our work. This could include, for example, being involved in the design of the research, being a member of a steering or advisory group, reviewing written resources or sharing research findings with other members of the public.
This will positively impact our work in several ways:
- Steer project work towards findings that are reliable and useful to patients
- Gather vital patient feedback from wider community groups
- Raise awareness of our work across wider patient networks
- Provide advice on how best to involve patients and the public in our work.
Each panel member has been given a programme of work and their role has two main purposes:
- To act as ambassadors of PPE/I who spread awareness of our work through local patient and community groups
- To input into project and programme work as needed.
For more information please contact Joanne Thomas, Engagement and Networks Manager.