Launch of long-term conditions tools to support healthcare teams
The Greater Manchester Electronic Long-term conditions Integrated Review Template (GM-ELIRT) and the Greater Manchester Electronic long-term conditions Integrated Assessment Tool (GM-ELIAT) are now available for use in primary care and by multidisciplinary integrated teams.
The GM-ELIRT provides an integrated, individualised review for patients with multimorbidity (two or more long-term conditions), and is available to clinical commissioning groups (CCGs), GP practices and clinical system suppliers to:
- Provide holistic, patient-centred reviews for patients with multimorbidity
- Identify and address unmet needs which may be missed during single disease reviews
- Identify comorbid risks and promote early intervention
- Streamline the review process by reducing the number of review appointments required
- Reduce the number of unscheduled appointments made by patients if multiple needs are addressed at one appointment
- Reduce the repetition found when single disease templates are used for patients with multimorbidity
- Enhance the quality of the review by the use of a range of risk assessment tools
- Standardise the review process at a practice or CCG level.
The GM-ELIAT provides an integrated, individualised, holistic assessment involving physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for patients with multiple long-term conditions. The GM-ELIAT is now available to NHS providers and clinical system companies. It can be used across a multidisciplinary integrated health and social care team and is designed to:
- Identify and address unmet needs
- Identify comorbid risk
- Reduce the time spent on the assessment process in comparison to paper-based forms and the use of multiple, single disease assessment forms
- Reduce the repetition found when multiple services are involved in an individual patient’s care
- Enhance the quality of assessment by the use of a range of risk assessment tools
- Standardise the assessment process across an integrated health and social care team.
Obtaining the GM-ELIRT and GM-ELIAT